Saturday, September 09, 2006

'Leidartikel' Reborn

Been using MSN Live Spaces for quite a while now. Several issues I can tolerate, but others like its lack of photo commentary leaves a bad taste in the mouth especially when my main features are to write reviews about PC games of which some titles have vanished into rarities. Other issues like the usual 'this site is not available, please try again later' messages after typing a long entry will force me to save the work in HTML format on any wordpad file and resubmit at a later time. But that's not convenient. All in all, my Space will not vanish and I'll update 'Leidartikel' from time to time, without letting it get obscured.

My PC game reviews are titles which never caught onto the imagination of the general public and while I'll of course preview excellent titles which roll of the tongue easily such as 'HalfLife 2' and the 'Call of Duty' series (makes no sense if I were to write myself into a corner by only championing lesser-known titles), what I had in mind is that of the titles which have, due to either poor publicity or the singular-minded Malaysian (and world gamers') attitude which have contributed to its low popularity. Then there are my 2 cents on titles which have established themselves as all-time favorites; those that make all those gaming hours worthwhile and not spent on loading the beautiful, extensive 3D graphics which is an essential ingredient to make any games these days an unqualified success.

There are also my occasional takes on my other passion:- soccer (football) and of the clubs I support in no particular order; Arsenal FC , PSV Eindhoven, PSG (Paris Saint-Germain), Valencia CF and Bayer Leverkusen. I also take note of Inter Milan but don't actually love the club much. Fellow football fans have commented on my polygamous loyalty on football clubs which might reflect on my 'colourful' love life, but I need only mention that a little variety in life is not a big problem, more so if due to the fact that an interest in football is not to be equated to fidelity in marriage.

I also love the Netherlands football team 'Het Oranje Elftal' and support them like hell. It was damn painful when they did not qualify for the World Cup 2002 in Japan and South Korea but I finally endured enough to see them actually play in World Cup 2006 in Germany albeit in a muted and downcast performance. The title of this blog reflects my undying love for the Netherlands Elftal.

There you have it, the small transition from Live Spaces to Blogger. Whether it's a lucrative partnership is relative to the number of posts in here and if the number of items actually supercede the ones at MSN LS, then I'll stay for good. Have a good day and have a good life.


Ik hou van Oranje,

ArturV

No comments: